Thirteen days in to the new year and already we have seen and heard some big developments coming from the marketing, tech and media world. So, to make your life easier, here are some of the top news and blog articles we have found most interesting.
Top links of the week:
1. An interview with Phil Simon: Business lessons from Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Google MyCustomer.com
2. Ten social media strategies to define a successful 2012 Brian Solis
3. Help customers reach content and products more easily: How to streamline site navigation to attract and retain customers Marketing Profs
4. Apps to become universal - HTML 5: The future of AT&T’s mobile store Mashable
5. Real-life examples of how Google’s ‘Search Plus’ pushes Google+ over relevancy Search Engine Land
6. Mercedes and Facebook? Who predicted that one? PSFK
7. Here to stay or marketing fad? 86% of marketers to use 2D barcodes in near future Econsultancy
8. The most downloaded social apps - Mobile social media: top apps, deal sites and more Marketing Profs
9. YouTube and Twitter are growing while Facebook stays static: Facebook loses share of social network visits as YouTube grows Brand Republic
10. Consumers seem to be more likely to click on an ad than on other devices: Mobile drives more search ad clicks ClickZ
11. Four timeless email copywriting commandments Marketing Profs
12. Mobile payments insight: How PayPal plans to scale its in-store payment system Gigaom
Be sure to drop us a comment below and tell us your favorite industry developments of the new year so far.
Millie Bartlett, Marketing Coordinator, e-Dialog UK