eBay acquires Hunch, read emails through your contact lenses and why you really aren't as cool as you think you are; this week's top links, all in one place:
1. The top 10 marketing infographics of 2011 according to HubSpot.
2. Clash of the titans: Email v social media, from the BBC Business site, explores the truth behind the social/email love hate relationship and what can be expected in the future. And once more it can be confirmed: Email Is Not Dead!
3. With Facebook being one of the most visited sites in the world, it is important for marketers to understand how the average consumer uses it day-to-day – Retailers: your customers are logged into Facebook, now what? Econsultancy
4. Key statistics from an earlier study in 2011 are explored further: How consumers interact with brands via email and social media. DMA Email Marketing Blog
5. An ‘unscientific’ experiment about how people are utilizing their Smartphone and what it means for the desktop: Think beyond the desktop – Social is going mobile. ClickZ
6. Nick Fuller, our stategy guru over here at e-Dialog London, was featured on The Wall this week with this valuable read: Facebook – The marketer’s conundrum.
6. Terminator-style contact lenses: Read texts and emails in front of your eyes – Now that had to have got your attention; straight out of the Metro.
7. According to research by Adestra, 52% of publishers surveyed had not altered their email marketing approach to target mobile users. For more information, read on at The Drum.
8. A quick how-to guide from Search Engine Watch: How to use QR codes for better conversion rates.
9. Lost in the Social Stratosphere? These 10 trends from The Wall could help you plan a winning strategy.
10. What is on your Christmas wish list? An email/mobile article? I’ll see what I can do… - Mobile email: Six tips for building a campaign that works from Econsultancy (Santa).
1. How social are you?: Online app analyzes your offline social life using photos & check-ins PSFK
Hope you have enjoyed these articles and let us know your thoughts, we'd love to hear from you.
Thanks for tuning in.
Millie Bartlett, Marketing Coordinator, e-Dialog UK, @eDialogEurope