Do you ever just stop and take a moment to look at what is going on in the digital marketing industry?
The industry moves fast and with most of us working at least 40 hour weeks, heads down, we fail to take note of all the current happenings. Whether you own an agency, manage campaigns or study the industry, you need to be in the know.
So, stop and have a read of a collection of links that we think are the hot topics of the week. Hey, if you can’t stop, at least take a glance and pick a few that stand out to you.
Here is e-Dialog’s Top 10 list of links, buzz and reads for this week.
Here it goes:
- 1. According to ClickZ and recent conference agendas, mobile is still a big topic of discussion. The Mobile Evolution of Email goes through some statistics as to why this is.
- 2. Ten top tips for brands creating tablet content from The Wall, explores the forecasted increase in tablet penetration and why it is important for brands to get on the band wagon.
- 3. Tesco mixes augmented reality into Price Drop push – as well as a two-week TV campaign, out of home advertising, digital activity, a national press takeover and week-long radio activity - talk about multi-channel marketing!
- 4. Return Path’s recent research shows inbox placement rates drop 3.5% over 18 months in the UK.
- 5. An opinion piece from Gigaom about the evolution of mobile: Mobile payments won’t sell itself, it requires added value. Also on this topic, Dave Chaffey at Smart Insights gives us a short update on Google’s Wallet launch.
- 6. ClickZ tells us how email works… if you didn’t know already. A strong focus on bounces, it’s worth a read.
- 7. Marketing Profs are always full of good insights, this time they are teaching us a lesson, or four. How communities are changing marketing (and four community-building lessons)
- 8. Mashable looks into how Facebook Timeline might radically change the look of brand pages. Also read the link within this article: what Facebook’s changes mean for marketers. Double whammy.
- 9. Can you imagine your desk without a desktop computer? And instead of a computer, all you have is a mobile phone where everything you need to fulfill your working day resides. Well it’s coming and ClickZ tell us to get over it. How rude.
- 10. There must be something in the water, everyone is talking about mobile email this week (more than usual) and MarketingSherpa is no exception: Mobile email marketing: 5 tactics to engage and convert smartphone users.
10.5. Utilizing video in marketing: the first ever scavenger hunt to hit YouTube comes from Zyrtec. Play the game to win a Samsung Galaxy Tab.
Now that didn’t take so long, did it? Did we miss anything? Let us know in the comments below.
Have a great weekend and we'll see you next week.
Millie Bartlett, Marketing Intern, e-Dialog